Saturday, April 11, 2015

You make me smile

We just got back from swim lessons for the boys.  Z has gone from crying the entire 6 weeks while holding onto Daddy for dear life to saying that this is the best day ever!  He loved swim lessons.  Yay!  And watching them during lessons certainly made me smile - the youngest especially was a hoot.  

Lessons were at 8:30 and since we are all up and about now, I am getting the urge to go to Home Depot and pick up some flowers for a splash of color in the front yard.  Though it might be too early still - pretty sure we have not seen the last frost yet.  

Speaking of colors... I had just watched this video by Laura Bassen and I immediately wanted to try it out.  I even had the same colors she used and since I loved her card so much, I kept with the same colors.  I added two layers of vellum Memory Box Darla butterfly and then added the matching Memory Box Vivienne butterfly using the same watercolor paper.  My sentiment from Verve Fabulous You set was embossed using black detail embossing powder.

Diana Nguyen, Memory Box, butterflies, watercolor, acetate, vellum

Very quick but fun card!

Challenges I am playing in:


4 comments:

  1. Love how your "smooshing" turned out! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it's gorgeous! And what a fun technique, thanks for sharing the link!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another STUNNING card, Diana. I just LOVE it, and cannot thank you enough for sharing it in our challenge. You are such a joy and I love seeing your sweet creations.
    Hugs
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is gorgeous! I love that inked background with the white butterfly! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!