Sunday, May 3, 2015

CAS Mother's Day

I hope your Sunday is going well.  I'm taking a break between gardening and dinner prep to share this card I made inspired by several challenges.  I first embossed some flowers from Verve Poppy Birthday with clear embossing powder and used my new Akashiya watercolor pens to color them in.  I really loved how they turned out and it's hard to see under the vellum but the blending was the easiest way I've done coloring. 

Diana Nguyen, Verve, Mother's Day, Quietfire Design, Poppystamps, butterfly, mom, card

 I die-cut a vellum tab out using MFT Blueprints 13 and embossed in purple a sentiment from Quietfire's Happy Family Day with Calligraphic Frame.  My final touch was adding a Poppystamps Elsa butterfly in Lovely Lavender metal craft sheet.

Diana Nguyen, Verve, Mother's Day, Quietfire Design, Poppystamps, butterfly, mom, card


Challenges I am playing in:
CASology Flight
Add A Little Dazzle