Thursday, July 2, 2015

Watered Honey Blossom sprig

I just love dies - so much that sometimes I don't even add a stamp!  Today I have another card to share with you that is all dies.  I like these type of "blank" notecards because then I can send them for any reason.  It's also simple enough to add a stamp inside later on if I want it for a specific purpose.

I started my card with a teal base and a white stitched layer using MFT Blueprint 13 (I think I use this die at least once a week!)  I had some watercolor paper left from when I played with the bubbles and soap with my son.  I wanted a bokeh-ish background so I used the stitched cirlce dies from Lil' Inkers to cut out three overlapping circles.  I then added a white Memory Box Honey Blossom Sprig on top of the circles.  With watercolor paper, I always use the strongest adhesive I have because sometimes, it looks like it will stay but I've noticed that after a couple of weeks, it might pop up here or there. So I used my Scor-tape just to make it stays put.  Finally, I added some clear dew drops and water dew drops to give the impression of morning dew.


Instead of just lining my envelope with a matching stitched white base, I decided to die cut out of the white the honey blossom sprig.  I carefully glued back the white portions that are not attached to the large rectangle by replacing the sprig die-cut temporarily - like leaving in all the puzzle pieces and taking back out the sprig when done. I love how something so simple can add such elegance to the inside of the card - a great surprise for the recipient.




Challenge I am playing in: