Thursday, August 27, 2015

Panda Love

Hello!  I found this tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers and I thought it would be perfect for an Asian inspired card.  Plus I have 4 boys - 4 panels - 4 pandas... so nice when things come together!  Bonus for fitting inside a regular A2 envelope too!

The directions on the tutorial are very clear and easy to follow.  For the top of my screen, I used the Impression Obsession Fancy Border Cutout and the bottom legs were done with Spellbinders Labels Eighteen.  To make my screens, I stamped an old bamboo image in Old Olive and then added a green die cut of Memory Box Bamboo Shoots.  I didn't want the four screens identical but just by angling the stamp and repositioning the die cuts, you can create different scenes.  Finally, I added some pandas from Mama Elephant Pandemonium holding Lawn Fawn's alphabet dies.  I made them into balloons by drawing a line and adding shine with a white gel pen.  The bubble speech in the last screen was handwritten and free hand cut.

It looks like a lot of work but it went really fast.  I'm thinking this would make a great photo Christmas card...

Diana Nguyen, Pandamonium, Panda, Lawn Fawn, alphabet dies, Screen card, memory box, bamboo, Impression Obsession, cutout border


Challenge I am playing in: