Thursday, August 27, 2015

Panda Love

Hello!  I found this tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers and I thought it would be perfect for an Asian inspired card.  Plus I have 4 boys - 4 panels - 4 pandas... so nice when things come together!  Bonus for fitting inside a regular A2 envelope too!

The directions on the tutorial are very clear and easy to follow.  For the top of my screen, I used the Impression Obsession Fancy Border Cutout and the bottom legs were done with Spellbinders Labels Eighteen.  To make my screens, I stamped an old bamboo image in Old Olive and then added a green die cut of Memory Box Bamboo Shoots.  I didn't want the four screens identical but just by angling the stamp and repositioning the die cuts, you can create different scenes.  Finally, I added some pandas from Mama Elephant Pandemonium holding Lawn Fawn's alphabet dies.  I made them into balloons by drawing a line and adding shine with a white gel pen.  The bubble speech in the last screen was handwritten and free hand cut.

It looks like a lot of work but it went really fast.  I'm thinking this would make a great photo Christmas card...

Diana Nguyen, Pandamonium, Panda, Lawn Fawn, alphabet dies, Screen card, memory box, bamboo, Impression Obsession, cutout border


Challenge I am playing in:  


7 comments:

  1. This is so cute! It makes me think of your littlest panda! I love how you were able to make each panel individual yet still have the whole card harmonious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! It makes me think of your littlest panda! I love how you were able to make each panel individual yet still have the whole card harmonious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable. Love this panda screen card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is so wonderful! I love the shapes you used to create the base. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous ! Fantastic design !

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Diana, Been searching all over the place to make this card with the Decorative Label punch from S.U. I see above that used Spellbinders labels dies! I do have a few of those. However, my question would be/is, I have a Big Shot, do you fold all the panels and run through the machine, or 2 at a time, or singly? And how would that fit in the BS? I want to make this so bad & need help on just how to run thru the BS. TY for your time. Or is anyone else can enlighten me, please do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Claire!
      I only run two layers max at a time through the Big Shot otherwise the cuts just aren't as clean. Since the Big Shot can fit 6 inches wide, folding in half should fit and run through twice. Did you check out the link to the SCS tutorial? Those are really handy too. Hope this helps.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!