Monday, October 12, 2015

CCNS106: The Still Woods

Hello!  Diana here with a very fall card for this week's Fall colors challenge.  The best thing about fall are the gorgeous colors (and warm drinks, sweaters, cool air, apple picking).  Yep, I love fall.  

To make my fall color card, I started with the Memory Box Garden Birch Trees stencil taped to white card stock.  I then masked off a curved piece of copy paper and sponged in some hills.  I then sponged the rest of the card with Squeezed Lemonade. Next, I covered the hills and misted my paper with a spritzer. I then added my color bursts Alizarin Crimson, Orange, Lemon Yellow, Pthalo Green.  So that it would look like individual leaves, I did not squeeze my bottles but just shook it out onto my stenciled paper.  I wanted individual drops of color and not too much blending.  Because I had already sponged the background yellow, I wasn't worried about covering up any white with the color bursts.  I then cut out the birch scene with Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A and then also some green card stock with the largest die to have a double mat against my kraft base layer.

Though I hesitated to cover up my background,  I did just enough to be able to see that it was a wooded background.  I used two of the dies from the ODBD Vintage Flourish Pattern for my focal point.  By using vellum as one of my matting layers, I was able to have a mat for my Scripture from Verve and yet still see my background.  The verse was done with white detail embossing powder and then I added a twine bow.
Diana Nguyen, birch tree, stencil, Verve, color bursts

Thank you so much for looking and I hope you get a chance to play along!


Challenges I am playing in: