So is your home all decked out for Christmas yet? Or did you start before Thanksgiving? We do our home the day after Thanksgiving. I just love Christmas, decorating for Christmas, baking for Christmas... and I like to stick to the traditional stuff - and that includes the classic colors of red, green, and gold! Today I am sharing a center step card with exactly those colors.
To make the center step base:
- Cut black card stock 6 1/2" x 9".
- Cut red card stock 4 1/4" by 4 1/4".
- Cut white card stock by 4" x 4" and two rectangles 7/8" x 3 3/8".
- Line cut black card stock up in paper trimmer so that the edge of the card is at the 1" mark. Position the cutting blade at 1" and cut from 1" to 5 1/2".
- Flip over card and the same on the other side.
- Score along the long side of the card from the edge to the cut line at 1", 2", and 5 1/2" on both sides of the card.
- Score between the cut lines at 4 1/2".
- Fold at score lines as in picture below. (Done in white card stock for easier viewing.)
To make it all blinged up :)
- Sponge the white pieces with distress inks.
- Die cut Quietfire "Merry Christmas" from gold craft metal sheet.
- Die cut the poinsettias, greenery, and candle from the Shimmer Sheetz and velvet adhesive sheets.
- Adhere candles first and then the greenery and poinsettias. Pop up a few of the poinsettias with foam tape for extra dimension.
- Adhere the Merry Christmas on top of the center step card.
Hope you like it!