Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Colorful Birthday

Hello!  I've made another birthday card using the new Star Quilt Die from Our Daily Bread Designs.  So I will admit this one took me a while because I knew I wanted to do a color wheel with this die... which meant that I had to cut this die out of different colored card stock 20 times!  It sounds crazy but it was totally worth it even though I only took one piece from 17 die cuts (the white, tan and grey were in multiple places.)  It's worth the initial work because I spent a very happy hour just making quilt blocks out of the rest of the pieces.  I went monochromatic, pastels, primaries... lots of potential combinations and I didn't have to cut anymore.  (Don't forget to use Press N Seal to store each set of die cut together!)

So here is the first one I made:

Diana Nguyen, Our Daily Bread Designs, Star, Quilt, Birthday

I used ultra thick embossing powder on my birthday die-cut and stamped the triple Happy from the Mini Tag sentiments 3 time.

Thank you so much for looking!



Challenges I am playing in:
Word Art Wednesday
Simon Says Happy Birthday


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a message!