Today I'm sharing another favorite technique of mine – to use die-cuts and create my own embossed background. Here I repeated the “Sending” in the background and spotlighted the “Hugs & Kisses.” It’s so easy to change the colors to suit the recipient, too!
- Cut base of card with white cardstock 10″x 7″; score and fold in half. Finished card measures 5″ x 7″.
- Cut white cardstock 6 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ and another out of teal cardstock 6 5/8″ x 4 5/8″.
- Cut white cardstock 3 1/8″ x 3 1/8″ and another out of teal cardstock 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″.
- Die cut A Way With Words Sending Hugs Kisses: 12 white Sending, 1 black and 1 white Hugs, 1 black and 1 white Kisses, and 1 black and 1 white & (ampersand from A Way With Words Calligraphic Elements 2)
- On the white layer, glue the Sending on a diagonal. Trim off the excess portions of the words. Then glue on the teal rectangular layer.
- Glue the Hugs & Kisses so that the white is slightly off behind the black lettering.
- Adhere the Hugs & Kisses on the gray square and then the gray onto the teal.
- Wrap striped ribbon onto right side of card.
- Pop up the Hugs & Kisses square layer above ribbon.
- Adhere all the layers together onto card base.
I hope you like this technique! Thank you for looking!
P.S. I had posted about the Birthday card below on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog earlier this month. Totally forgot to mention it here but you can get the details on how I made it HERE. Feel free to leave me some love over there too! :)