Tuesday, March 7, 2017

ODBDSLC284 Anything Goes with ODBD stamps

This month's challenge at ODBD is a super easy one - anything with ODBD stamps!  And there are so much to choose from so I hope you can play along.

I haven't done no-line watercoloring in a while and I thought the new Tulip stamp would be perfect for this technique.  And I love the result!

I first sponged a background using distress inks - Seedless Preserves, Picked Raspberry, and Squeezed Lemonade.  The Circle Scalloped Rectangles was a great background die - gave interest and let the colors peep through.  I then stamped the tulip on watercolor paper using Zig Clean Color Brushes and then went back and painted additional color on them.  I also brushed the tulip with a clear glitter Wink of Stella brush which moved the colors a little bit more than I intended but it still came out well.   The tulip was then cut with the coordinating Tulip die cut - I'm not a fan of fussy cutting! :)

I then added a script Thanks die cut using the same distress inks only more saturated.


Our Daily Bread Designs, Tulip, Circle Scalloped Rectangles, Thanks die, Tulip die, Diana Nguyen


I hope you can play along.  And if you'd like more inspiration, please check out by my talented Challenge Team sisters ChrisJulie, and Robin.  Remember that you have until April 2 to link to the ODBD blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a message!