Thursday, July 27, 2017

Watercoloring with Reinkers in Summer


Hello!  I wanted to try something new with something old.  A friend recently gifted me with her Stampin' Up! reinkers and I must admit that it sat in a corner for a few months.  I was inspired by Jeanine Dickson (@honeybopsdesigns on instagram) and her use of food coloring for her brush lettering.  So it was just a little leap for me to try reinkers for watercoloring.  I love the vibrant results!  


As you can see below, with just one application of coloring, I get bright results - much faster than with my watercolors.  (And with the kids being home in the summer, I just don't have as much time to play and layer for colors.) The die I used is the Fairy Tale Flower Border die by Memory Box.


I sponged the background and added some water droplets before stamping this beautifully lettered quote.  

I wanted to frame it very subtly so i die cut a rectangle out of the piece and popped up the outerframe on a blue card base.

I hope you like it and if you have some reinkers laying around, let me know if you tried this technique!
In Summer - Mounted
In Summer (mounted stamp)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a message!