Friday, January 19, 2018

Back to the beginning with ODBD

Kind of an odd title for my post today but I'm reminiscing about when I first started stamping and card making.  I was drawn to Our Daily Bread Designs for their stamps with Scripture (and still am!)  The other thing I loved using with cards that I've gone away from is using ribbon so today, I'm sharing a couple of cards that are throwbacks to when I first started.  (I didn't have many dies when I started but I can't imagine not using them now!)



For the above card, I used the hydrangea stamp to make a background and some chiffon ribbon.


The background here is from the Romantic Roses paper pack - it doesn't need much more than that!  The verse is one I loved as a kid - remember those twin heart charms with the word MIZPAH on them?  You kept one and gave the other to a friend and this verse was the basis of that.  

Challenges I am playing in:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a message!