Thursday, June 7, 2018

Once Upon A Time


I remember discovering the Fairy Tale section of the school library a long time ago in grade school.  You always knew it was a fairy tale from the very first words ... "Once upon a time.."  Those words just evoke a sense of romance and possibility.  And as a fledgling calligrapher, nothing is more romantic to me than beautifully written words - check this die out!  Isn't it just gorgeous?  I keep saying it but really, when the lettering is this pretty, I don't feel the need to put much else on the card. 

I did add a pop of color with the red rose - which is perfect for the Beauty and the Beast fan in your life. Most of my friends are married (I'm now waiting for the flurries of weddings to start again with the next generation in nieces and nephews) but it would also be a great anniversary card too.



I used DCWV White glitter paper for my die cut as well as for the matting - just a subtle hint of shimmer and then a gray shadow to help the words pop a little.  


The card ended up being 5"x 5" and came together very quickly.  The dies are available from both Elizabeth Craft Designs and Quietfire Design.



Once Upon A Time (ECD | QF)



Long Stem Rose (ECD | QF)


Challenges I am Playing in:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a message!