Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Make a wish with geode background

Have you seen those beautiful geode birthday cake?  That was my inspiration for the Make A Wish card.  I played around with my alcohol inks, using a brush to make the colors go in an arch.  I added some silver and gold mixative to the Yupo paper.  

Image result for geode birthday cake


After the background was finished, it was quite vibrant and the Make A Wish diecut got overshadowed by all the colors and lines, even after I added a black shadow to the die cut.  So I decided to add a layer of vellum - it softens the background but you can still see it and it make the sentiment easier to see.  



I only added glue behind the lettering and the frosted dots to keep the vellum in place.


Hope you like the card!  

Make a Wish - Metal Cutting Dies





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a message!