Saturday, April 13, 2019

Chevron Cover-ups

I found a few cards I made that I never posted.  They all use the same idea - sponge a background with distress inks, splatter with water, let dry, and then use a background die (here I used the MFT Split Chevron and Chunky Chevron Cover-Up dies).  Can you tell that each background was made into two cards?  

For the first set, I kept all the pieces of the die cut together using Press On seal.  I then added foam tape to many of the chevron pieces.  I carefully laid my gray cardstock on the foam tape and came up with this first card.  By using the negative first, while the pieces were still together, I kept the spacing and location of the pieces intact.  It wouldn't be fun (for me, maybe some of you enjoy puzzles more than I do!) to try to place each piece freehand.  The Happy Birthday dies are from the A Way With Words Collection from Elizabeth Craft Designs (also available at Quietfire Design).  


The pieces that were left I glued onto a white card base for my second card in this set.  I did turn the design upside down but if you mentally flip one of these cards, you can see where the pieces all go together.  I can't help but also add butterflies to my card - this one is from the Butterfly Flourish by ECD and QFD also.



I did the same thing for this next card but I did leave some pieces unused.  I like the randomness of the pattern more.  The Bible verse is a stamp from Our Daily Bread Designs and the flowers are made using a Fiskar punch.  (Do you still use a punch?  I do - I just find them faster sometimes!)  The butterfly dies on the last card are from Memory Box.







Challenges I am playing in:

3 comments:

  1. WOW! This card is beautiful! Thank you for participating in the challenge Scrapy Land.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see chevrons making a comeback, and your colors make them shine, Diana! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.... Beautiful cards... Love the vibrant colors and your technique of creating 2 cards from one die cut... All the best for Scrapy Land Challenges! Hugs!

    Nupur
    http://nupurcreatives.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!