Tuesday, October 8, 2019

New Gilding Powders from Quietfire Design

Last Saturday was World Cardmaking Day and I received some happy mail from Quietfire Design.  I had to play immediately and it was so much fun.  I recorded setting the heat gun to it in my instagram account (@yourstrulybydiana).  I tried it on the Joy and Peace from the Quietfire Love Joy Peace Ornament die set.

I also took the opportunity to try a technique I saw on the Memory Box blog.  By folding a napkin over cardstock and then die cutting, it made a compressed layer that was similar to watercolor paper.  It took paint very well and gave it a neat texture.  On the first card, I added silver Finetec to match the Burnished Silver Gilding Powder





The Joy card features the same Penny Black Winter Berry die with gold Finetec paint to match the Kells Gold Gilding Powder.




Other Challenges I am playing in:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a message!