Friday, November 8, 2019

Every leaf fluttering shaker card

This Quietfire Design stamp had been sitting on my desk awhile - waiting to be used before the fall season ended.  But then my friend brought over these Rubbernecker dies, they were perfect for this stamp on a shaker card.  Instead of gluing all those little leaves on the trees or in the ground, I encased them in a window card.  I love it when everything comes together perfectly.



The Rubberneck Little Leaves dies come with two kinds of tiny leaves - maples and oaks.  The shaker portion contains both but I only glued the outside with one kind of leaves.  I really appreciate that this die came with a ton of tiny leaves instead of having me run them through the die cut machine over and over again.  It also went faster because I colored a sheet of white card stock with fall colors using my Copics.  I did run the die through some yellow, green, and burgundy card stock because I had some as scraps.



The great thing then is that I had enough leaves to make more than one card.  In the video, you can see that I sponged the sky first, then stamped the quote by Emily Bronte.  I did glue some leaves on the background so that there will always be some leaves stuck in mid-air.  The tree is also from Rubbernecker - Winter Tree.


Below is my oak tree card.  So fun!






Leaves, Set of 6 - Mounted


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a message!