Saturday, March 21, 2020

A whole lot of flower cards

If you follow me on instagram (@yourstrulybydiana) you may remembered that I shared a row of Tim Holtz's Wildflower series cut and colored and sitting in the Oui yogurt jars of which I have way too many.  I've "picked" the flowers from my paper garden and have given them a place on cards.


This was the perfect time for me to play with different backgrounds.  I wanted them pretty subtle to highlight the flowers and Bible verses or lyrics.  I just made each card with one color of flowers.  For several of these, I used Tim Holtz's 3D woodgrain embossing folder and then sponged them to bring out the detailed grains.


I also used a leaf stencil for two of the cards.



This yellow one with a plain gray background - I found the background I had intended a couple of days later because my craft desk was such a mess.  I wanted to finish this set of wildflower cards so I just used a gray one and doodled an imperfect frame around it.


I love this tone-on-tone stenciling.  It was so soft and peaceful looking.





I made so many of these because I want to mail them (and other cards) out to encourage and brighten my followers and friends' day since we're all cooped inside the house.  So if you haven't, please follow me on Instagram or facebook to enter in my Happy Snail Mail event that will happen later today.  


1 comment:

  1. These are gorgeous. I love all the scripture verses (How Great Thou Art is my favorite hymn) and the beautiful wildflower dies you have colored. The backgrounds are lovely and highlight the beautiful flowers. Thanks so much for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!