Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Blue hydrangea notecards

I can see new light green growth on my hydrangeas and I watch the weather every day, hoping that there is no frost coming to kill all my buds.  There has been a few nights that have wiped out new growth on my persimmon but so far the hydrangeas are okay -being next to the house must help.  These nighttime low temps are frustrating for a novie gardener like me - too impatient to wait until May to do gardening.

A friend requested a set of notecards with blue hydrangeas - much easier than watching and waiting for real ones.  I drew these hydrangeas for Divinity Designs a while back (In my Heart stamp/die duo) and I don't know why, but I don't reach for them often enough.  I did more than make up for it as I colored more than 20 of them this time around.  I embossed them in a soft gold, colored them with Tombow markers and die cut them with the die included in the set.  


I came up with two designs - one more ornate with a couple of dies also by Divinity Designs and the other a simpler woodsy one.  Which one do you like more?  


Challenge I am playing in:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a message!