Wednesday, April 8, 2020

New Rubbernecker dies getting me out of my slump

We're almost into Week 4 of this new normal of social distancing and staying home.  My craft room has been put back together but I just kind of lost my crafting mojo.  I'm feeling very blah actually.  It was bound to happen - even for an introvert like me.  How are you doing?  How do you get out of the funk?

For me, I took a long walk, took pictures of the evidence of spring around us and tried using some new dies I got from Rubbernecker.  Their shipping was so fast but the dies just sat there for a while - which is strange for me!

I finally got them out and made a couple of really simple cards. The first one I die cut the vases out of white card stock and just sponged them with different colors.


 I also found some paint chips from cleaning my craft room so I used those.  They're quite perfect for the Rubberneck Vases and Shelves dies. I could not think of a sentiment to go with these so they may just stay blank.  They have a rather modern clean look to them.  The branch is a very old die by Memory Box.


By my third card, I'm adding more details and some blooms.  The window by Lawn Fawn was perfect to add behind the vases.  




Which one do you like?  And what tiny sentiment, if any, should I put on any of them?



4 comments:

  1. I like all three! Though my favorite is the one with the branch. I like the simplicity and the boldness of the colors along with the branch breaking the frame. I would put no sentiment on the front of these cards. Save it for the inside. Pretty darn good for someone with no mojo...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have so many spare vases now after cutting all those colors out. Keeping it blank makes it even easier for later use - great idea.

      Delete
  2. I think they're all beautiful, Diana! However, I think the first one is my favorite. It's so clean, and the colors are so pretty. The vases all look like frosted glass! Really lovely! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like CAS cards too! Thank you for your kind words.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!