Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Beautiful like Snowflakes

 The mornings here have cooled dramatically this week and even though I have no desire to skip beautiful fall, I felt like playing with cooler colors and came up with this card using the We Are Like Snowflakes stamp combined with the Beautiful die.



To create the background, I started with a white base and made a mask using painters tape.  I used the snowflake from the Flourished Christmas Mini 2 set and Brrr die sets.  If you don't have these dies, any of your favorite snowflake dies will work.  I love masking this way because it gives me a wonderfully intricate but subtle background.  Since my dies were on the smaller side, I was able to use a wide painters tape on the release paper from the Elizabeth Craft Design's double sided adhesive.  It's always a good idea to save those sheets.  It make removing the painters tape a breeze.


I then sponged over the edges with a couple of different blue inks, leaving a space for where my stamped sentiment will go.  I do love peeling that blue off - even though it looks pretty good like that too! 



I thought I took a picture of my next step but I did not - got carried away crafting.  After stamping my sentiment, I decided I wanted the word Beautiful running up the side of the card to emphasize that part of the sentiment.  However, the white Beautiful die got lost with all the snowflakes.  To darken the background, I masked off a little more than an inch and sponged more blue on just that section.  To frame that section more, a thin strip of silver washi tape was added. 


I also used the new Modern Gilding Powder Gesso White to make that white really white.  To tie in the silver washi tape, I also gilded several snowflakes with the Modern Gilding Powder Forever Platinum.

 


Thank you so much and I hope you are enjoying the weather wherever you are!

Quietfire Design supplies used:

We Are Like Snowflakes stamp

Modern Gilding Powder Gesso White

Modern Gilding Powder Forever Platinum

Beautiful die

Flourished Christmas Mini 2 set



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a message!