Thursday, January 16, 2014

My Beloved


Just popping in to share a card I made today using the SCS Sketch 471.  It's a good time to start making Valentine's Day (aka Icky Icky Day) cards.  I must admit that I am more likely to do something sweet for my kids than my DH but the least I can do is make a card for him, right?  :)

I started off with a Cuttlebug embossing folder to set the theme and used both a circle die and punch (their measurements are just a bit different when you want a nice thin matting) to cut out my sentiment.  The fish tail was made with a square punch.  The heart was punched out several times to give it a chipboard feel.  Thanks for looking!




Recipe:
Dies:  SB Standard Circles
Paper:  SU Raspberry Ripple, Recollection Music Sheet
Accessories:  Cuttlebug Hearts embossing folder, Black satin ribbon, red twine, circle punch, square punch, Fiskar heart punch

Challenges I am playing in:
SC471




8 comments:

  1. This is lovely, Diana. I love the music accents and the sweet Valentines colors. Your art is always so delightful, and I thank you for sharing it with us in our challenges. May God bless your week.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it. Black & white with a touch of red is fenomenal combination :)

    Greetings from Slovenia
    Jerneja

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, DIana! I love the black and white music theme with pops of red. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Emboss It!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Diana, I got a giggle when I read your AKA for Valentine's Day! Cute! This is a beautiful card, and I love this verse so much. I love the CAS with lots of white and matting in black and red! Very dramatic and beautiful! Warm hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diana,
    The black white and red are so harmonious. The heart on your fish tail and the sheet music are super supporting actors for the sentiment. Thank you for dropping by and sharing your inspirational art with us today.
    I pray that Bountiful Blessings come your way,
    Blessings
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so elegantly pretty. Love the 3 colors you chose and the simple lay-out. Nice embossing on the base panel too. So glad you linked up with us at Word Art Wednesday this week. We are so blessed with your creativity. Love to encourage you with God's Word in 1 John 3:1 which says, "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God." Have an awesome week.

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card!!
    Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon this month!!
    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!