Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Just a note

My youngest has been wanting to play with watercolors and his works of art usually takes 5 minutes or less.  So I play along and have started to just cut out 4.5 x 6 pieces and do a quick color wash on them to use later.  No time for anything fancy!  The background is from our little art session; I embossed the bit of music lines in white on top of the watercolor.  Most of it is covered by using white sheet on top with a swash just cut through to let the watercolor background peak out.  I don't have a music note die cut so I sketched an eighth note to cut out and handwrote the sentiment in a white gel pen.  Lots of dimensions used all around!  Thanks for looking!

Diana Nguyen, music, card, cas

Recipe:
Stamps:  Recollection Music sheet background
Paper:  Recollection white and black and watercolor
Accessories:  Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics and Sakura white gel pen



Challenges I am Playing In:
CFC 130 Three Thirds (3 Words in Sentiment)

7 comments:

  1. Such a fun take on the sketch! Love the pop of color and the bold music note!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, I love every aspect. Clever cutting of the music note and your written sentiment is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so stunning, Love the gorgeous inking and design, I see a winner :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to make a retirement card for a music teacher and this may just fit the bill - I hope you won't mind if I case it! Love the pretty colours and the shape makes me think of the music flowing. So glad you joined us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! I love the design and your watercoloring!
    Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!