Tuesday, May 6, 2014

ODBDSLC 201: Angel WIngs

The challenge this week at ODBD Shining the Light Challenge is to "Wing it!"  And surprisingly, I'm not using butterflies!  :)  ODBD has just released some beautiful Angel themed sets I just had to use.  I love the calligraphic touches on the font of ODBD's newest release.  When the font is just gorgeous, I like to go with cleaner cards.  For this one, I used watercolor paper to do a blue wash but then I went back and sponged the edges after I die cut out the window.  
Diana Nguyen, Angel Wings, Our Daily Bread Designs, odbd, card, scripture

The angel wings are just gorgeous aren't they?  They extended over the edge of the card so I glued several layers together to make it sturdier so they would not get bent.  This also gave it some great dimension and a lot easier to glue onto the card.  I just recently discovered this very basic way of strengthening all those lovely delicate dies - such an aha! moment for me.  Hope it helps you too!

Diana Nguyen, Angel Wings, Our Daily Bread Designs, odbd, card, scripture

Recipe:
Stamps: ODBD Holy Angels
Dies:  ODBD Angel Wings
Paper:  Watercolor and Recollection
Ink: Tim Holtz Broken China and Versafine onyx black

For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my challenge team sisters:


To see all the creations in one place or join the challenge, click here. You have until Sunday, May 11th to join us. For this challenge you may use any stamps but it you have any Our Daily Bread Designs stamps we would love to see you use them. If you participate, you have a chance to win the $15 certificate toward ODBD stamps or to be Spotlighted for the Shining the Light Award (The Shining the Light Award is only for those who use ODBD stamps). We would love to see your creations.

Challenges I am Playing in:



8 comments:

  1. Your card is absolutely stunning Diana!! I just love your colors and your layout with the recessed layered frame and the wings at the bottom of that beautiful verse. You have such an elegant style my friend. Gorgeous!!

    Have a good day!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've framed this beautiful verse so beautifully, so much depth!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Diana, I so agree about the recessed frame...adds such depth and actually looks like it should be framed!! Beautiful color and such a wonderful Scripture verse! And the wings are wonderful (I add layers too for strength...great idea, and it gives more depth)! So delicate and so you, sweet friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the framing for your lovely creation, Diana, beautifully done! So glad you joined us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great 3-D frame for your sentiment and wings!! Love the pretty colors! Beautiful my sweet friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quite a delicate beauty! Love the color and framing and esp the layering of the wings! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card Diana! Love the colour of the watercolour wash! Thanks for sharing your tip using intricate dies to strengthen them! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card....thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!