Tuesday, August 12, 2014

ODBDSLC211 - Week 2

This is the second week for ODBD Shining the Light Sketch Challenge.  I took a bit of liberty with the sketch this week by mitering my lacey border instead of overlapping them.  For my image, I stamped and colored my favorite little chickadee with Copics.  I masked the chickadee to sponge some blue skies behind him.  


Our Daily Bread Designs, My Refuge, Ornate Frame Sentiments, Designed by Diana Nguyen

Recipe:
Dies:  Beautiful Borders and Recipe & Tag Dies
Accessories:  Copics, twine and wood grain embossing folder




 For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my talented challenge team sisters:

To see all the creations in one place or join the challenge, click here.  You have until August 17, 2014 at 8:00pm EDT to join us. By participating in the challenge, you have a chance to be placed in a monthly drawing to win a $15 ODBD Gift Certificate good towards the purchase of stamps in the “stamps column” on the ODBD website, or to be spotlighted on the ODBD Blog at our next challenge. The random prize winner will be posted on the first challenge of each month.We would love to see your creations.


7 comments:

  1. I love the all white space, and the splash of blue is beautiful. This is one of my first stamp sets, I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Diana, this is one beautifully colored bird (I love this image so much!), and your sky is gorgeous! I love the white embossing in the background with the beautiful blue borders that are so striking! Stunning card for the sketch! Hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet Diana!! What a beautiful color combo and your little bird is so precious! Just love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous chickadee, Diana!! I love your coloring and the background you created with the embossed wood background!! The blue border die pops!! Striking take on the sketch my friend!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Diana! The mitre borders look fabulous! Beautiful coloring.....as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diana your card is gorgeous...wow...the clouds you did are fabulous!!! A stunning card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is so pretty. Love your little bird and you're going to have to let me know your secret to perfectly gorgeous clouds! Love the embossed background and how you joined your border dies. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!