Monday, October 20, 2014

Falling Leaves


Today I'm sharing a card I made for this week's Classy Cards 'n Such Fall Inspiration Challenge:  


So many gorgeous fall inspired cards in blogland lately but my favorites are always the ones that feature leaves.  Here's my take on fall:

IO Small Leaves Set, Our Daily Bread Designs, Diana Nguyen, fall

I used the largest stitched die in MFT Blueprints 15 for my front panel.  I then arranged my leaves from the Impression Obsession Little Small Leaf Set so that they look like they are drifting down on my panel.  This method of using the negative of the dies makes a great impact on an otherwise simple card.  Underneath I had used some watercolor paper I had done a wash in with fall colors. Adding a piece of cling wrap over the paper while wet adds some wonderful texture.  For some extra shimmer, I swiped Tim Holtz Antique Bronze Distressed Stain across the top.  Lots of small Joy! foam pads gives the card some great dimension.  I also used the foam pads to pop up my sentiment that I had embossed in gold detail embossing powder.  Finally, I used my 1/8 hole punch on a couple of my SB Precious Metals Craft Foil sheets to add some "sprinkles" to my card.  Thank you so much for looking and hope you can play along!


IO Small Leaves Set, Our Daily Bread Designs, Diana Nguyen, fall

Recipe:
Dies:  Impression Obsession Little Small Leaf Set and MFT Blueprints 15

Challenges I am playing in:


5 comments:

  1. This is so pristine and a beautiful layout. Thank you for posting your beautiful art with us this week during our 154th challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Carole Robb Bisson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana, I absolutely love this card! It's so clean and yet so powerful with color. A simple card that packs a big punch for the CCNS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is truly gorgeous...Great job on the use of die-cuts and inking...I love it! We are blessed that you joined our Challenge last week at Word Art Wednesday. Please join us again as the new challenge starts today. Leaving you with God's Word in 1 John 4:9 which says, "This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him." God bless always!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! How clever, clean, fun and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How precious is this?!* You created a masterpiece!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!