Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Glittering Ornament

Today I'm showing you a different way I used the Memory Box Cabrini ornament.  A couple of weeks ago I did a bit of paper piecing.  This week I broke out the glitter for a totally different look (and feel!)  Jennifer McGuire has a wonderful video full of tips and tricks that I used for my own card.  I went with the classic Christmas glitter colors for my card:  Aztec Gold, Elegant Emerald, Fire Engine Red, and Silver Glitter.  Scor-tape is essential to this project - both the 6x6 double sided for the ornament and 1/4" for the border.  I fussy cut my ornament out after glittering it up; the background panel was made by embossing a sheet of white cardstock in my Swiss Dots embossing folder and adding a trim of the 1/4" right up against the edge.  I burnished my Fire Engine Red glitter to make the border.  The glitter has such a neat feel - it's like velvet once you've rubbed it on. Lastly, I found some KCompany stickers for my JOY. Thank you for looking!


Glitter, Memory Box Cabrini ornament, Christmas, Diana Nguyen

Recipe:
Accessories:  Aztec GoldElegant EmeraldFire Engine Red, and Silver Glitter, stickers, Swiss dots embossing folder



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a message!