Friday, October 24, 2014

Warm glow

I tried a couple of new things today.  I wanted to use the candle die from  Impression Obsession Christmas Icons among some pine needles but it was a little too cute and short.  So I tried partial die-cutting to make the candle taller.  I die cut the first half, turned it around, moved the die down a bit to line up the middle of the candle and die cut the bottom half.  That made no sense, did it?    Here is a tutorial on something similar that might make what I said clearer.    In honor of October Cancer Awareness Month, I made a pink candle.  I also fussy cut a backing out of silver metallic paper.


CAS, candle, card, Diana Nguyen, Impression Obsession, Christmas Icons, partial die-cutting

The other thing I tried was making a candle glow by using circular masks.  I punched several circles, the smallest being 3/4" and gradually used larger circles.  The center I sponged with Only Orange and then Summer Sun as I used the larger circle masks.  Since I didn't change sponge daubers, I got a graduated look.  For the tip of the candle, I swiped the flame in Versamark and used gold embossing powder to cover the pink metal.

CAS, candle, card, Diana Nguyen, Impression Obsession, Christmas Icons, partial die-cutting

Hope you try something new and fine more uses for what you already have!

Recipe:
Accessories:  Punker Me Pink Metal Craft Sheet and Gold embossing powder


challenge 48


Challenge I am playing in:


2 comments:

  1. Oh Diana, this turned out so pretty! What a great idea! Thanks for the inspiration you always come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana, thanks so much for participating in the Dazzling Diva Challenge. Your creations are ALWAYS stunning. Can't wait to see more of your amazing work in the Dazzling Diva Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!