Tuesday, October 28, 2014

ODBDSLC216 - week 2


H!  Here is my second card that I made for ODBD Shining the Light Challenge:  Be inspired by Ecclesiastes 3:1  For every thing there is a season and a time for every purpose under heaven.  For my card, I did a couple of color washes using the same colors.  One was lighter for my background and the other I used more intense colors to stamp and cut out my leaves.  I embossed in white over a the lighter wash the clock image from ODBD God's Timing stamp set.  I then added some leaves from Autumn Blessings made from the darker wash.  My pearls have been neglected lately but I think the flourishes of pearls bring to mind a breath of wind blowing the leaves. 

Diana Nguyen, Our Daily Bread Designs, Scripture, Ecclesiastes 3:1

Recipe:
Accessories:  Corner punch and pearl flourishes


And make sure you check out my fellow CT sisters for more wonderful inspiration:

To see all the creations in one place or join the challenge, click here.  You have until November 4, 2014 at 8:00pm EDT to join us. By participating in the challenge, you have a chance to be placed in a monthly drawing to win a $15 ODBD Gift Certificate good towards the purchase of stamps in the “stamps column” on the ODBD website, or to be spotlighted on the ODBD Blog at our next challenge. The random prize winner will be posted on the first challenge of each month.We would love to see your creations.

Challenges I am playing in:


7 comments:

  1. Oh Diana, you are so creative and talented!! I just love your background with the embossing resist, gorgeous colors, and your added leaves!! Stunning use of technique and colors!! Gorgeous my friend!! A beautiful frame for such a timeless verse!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colors are so beautiful Diana! Love the resist technique and then also your leaves on top...just gorgeous!! Love your pearl swirls too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Linda, this is absolutely gorgeous! I just love the colors you've used. They are fall, but they have a glowing brightness to them! And I love the technique you've used with the different washes and the wonderful stamps! Yes, the flourishes of pearls do give a sense of the wind blowing...so clever! And what a beautiful card for this wonderful Scripture verse...such a great reminder that all is in God's timing and we are in His hands! Hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Diana! Love the colors and especially the movement you achieved with the leaves and pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this wonderful fall card!! your coloring technique is so beautiful in the background with the embossed clocks and great leaves!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful fall card. i am glad you brought out your pearls, a wonderful touch like you say falling or blowing in the wind, and your neat white embossing and pretty shaded bgs ...wow...so neat... super job...TFS..:0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diana your card is gorgeous - I love the backgrounds you create and the pearls certainly do remind me of wind blowing those leaves around! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!