Monday, February 2, 2015

Birthday Shaker Card

Good morning!  Today is my son's 9th birthday and though I've been thinking of a card in my head for a couple of weeks, I didn't get around to making it until today... on his birthday... after he left for school.  Mom fail.  But I think he'll like this as I tried to use his favorite color - gold - and it's a fun shaker card.  There is a Lego set waiting for him so all will be well!  :)

Diana Nguyen, shaker card, birthday

I started with a stitched panel from MFT Blueprint 13 and embossed it with a Happy Birthday embossing folder.  I then used two Lil' Inkers Stitched Circles for my shaker element.  The number 9 is die-cut from gold metal craft sheet and Lawn Fawn's number dies.  After I adhered the shaker, something was lacking so I added some gold twine and sequins.  Much better!  

Thanks so much for looking and I hope you have a great week!

Challenges I am playing in:

        


5 comments:

  1. I know he'll love it, Diana! The gold adds such a nice punch to the design! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday "Anything Goes" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really fun! He'll love the shaker concept! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the festive shaker card, Diana! The color mix of the sequins is gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “Shaker Cards” Challenge! Hope to see your lovely work soon again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fab shaker card, perfectly done. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute!! Love the fun mix of sequins, the color scheme and the gold thread you used on the edge. Such fabulous design!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!