Friday, February 27, 2015

Happy Birthday

Hello!  My stash of birthday cards run low pretty quickly so I am loving my birthday word dies from Our Daily Bread Designs.  It also comes with a balloon die so you don't need much else!  Here I used some watercolor paper washed with a rainbow of colors so that I could die-cut my words out of it.  After embossing a panel with the new (to me) Life Crafts Dainty embossing folder, I die-cut a couple of balloons out of it.  The embossed panel was then raised on foam to the card base. I glued different colors of balloons back into the empty space (in-laid die-cutting) but I also popped the other three up on some foam tape.  I love the effect it made.  I used my white gel pen to add some shine to the balloons and silver twine to finish my card.  Hope you like it!


Diana Nguyen, Happy Birthday, Our Daily Bread Designs, card

Challenges I am playing in:


4 comments:

  1. Love the depth and the texture on this one, and the colors are really unusual for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card. I love the ombre colors on the Happy Birthday and the bold colors on the balloons. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors you used for your balloons, and the rainbow greeting. Neat idea to die cut the words from watercolored cardstock. Tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Diana! I love the colours and texture, just perfect :)
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!