Thursday, January 21, 2016

CAS Fairyland Butterflies

Hi!  Today I have a simple yet striking card.  I really like the dramatic effect of black against an abstract background.  To create my background, I smooshed some different colors (Picked Raspberry, Shaded Lilac, and Broken China) and spread them on a watercolor sheet using clear cardstock.  I then die cut the Memory Box Fairyland butterflies out of black cardstock and used Ultra Thick Embossing Powder on the entire die-cut.  It made the butterflies dimensional and shiny.  I then trimmed the watercolor sheet to fit on a black card base, leaving a strip of black to show through.  I then also glued some clear dew drops to add to the watercolor look.  
Diana Nguyen, Memory Box, fairyland butterflies




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a message!