Monday, July 29, 2019

Christmas in July

Hi, there! Ready for Christmas?  We're a little past halfway there.  Lol!  It is hot hot hot here so I'm not really thinking of Christmas but I still had fun making this for the Elizabeth Craft Designs Christmas post.  



I love this silver Mirrorcard stock.  It's very aptly name and it adds quite a shine to a card - perfect for Christmas.  I started with the Leafy Berry Branch from Elizabeth Craft Designs. I colored with Zig Markers and then added the Nuvo Autumn Red Drops for the berries.  I switched to Copics to color the cardinal from the ECD Garden Birds 1 set.



Both the Flourished ornament from Flourished Christmas mini and the Rejoice are cut with Mirror Card stock but the Rejoice was also cut 4 times out of white card stock so that I could pop up the word Rejoice.  Because the cardinal is popped up on foam tape, I cut away a portion of the Rejoice (top of R loop) so that the popped up layer would be flushed with the cardinal.


I used a silver marker to add a border around the card stock to frame everything. Hope you like it and enjoy the Christmas projects today.




Flourished Christmas Minis - Metal Cutting Dies

Flourished Christmas Mini Dies (Quietfire Design | Elizabeth Craft Designs)

Rejoice - Metal Cutting Die




2 comments:

  1. Diana, this Christmas card is spectacular! The entire composition is perfection, colors are brightly done and the card somehow looks contemporary though traditional. Love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! What a wonderful compliment - you made my day! Thank you again.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!