Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Glittered ornaments

Is your Christmas tree up yet?  I've been asking people this question a lot because I think I want confirmation that since Thanksgiving is so late, I can put up my Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving.  I can still prep Christmas decorations though, right?  

If you'd like to decorate your own ornaments, I've got an easy and beautiful way you can use A Way With Words die to spruce up some plain ornaments.  All you need are the dies, double sided adhesive and your favorite Silk Microfine glitter.


I made these on Veteran's Day so I chose some patriotic colors here.  I have a friend who actually does have a patriotic Christmas tree now that I think about it.



On the picture below, you see can see that I die cut the word Rejoice out of a sheet of double sided adhesive - no card stock  - and carefully peeled off the brown layer to adhere it to the ornament.  Since the surface is round, I'd recommend starting at the center and pushing down toward the ends.  Shorter words work better also unless you had bigger ornaments.


I then peeled off the release paper and sprinkled the Bright Cranberry microfine glitter on there.  Rubbing off the excess glitter with a sheet of Swiffer dust wipes is so satisfying!  


Silver Sands microfine glitter shows up beautifully on the blue ornament with this snowflake die.




Joy is a short and sweet die that works really well also.






1 comment:

  1. So pretty ! And easy. Thank you for sharing. Always lively to find new inspiration.
    Hugs from Monica
    Spain

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!