Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Silent Night, Holy Night

Do you automatically sing the song when you see the title or lyrics on a card?  I do.  Fortunately, I sing it in my head and not out loud if anyone is around.  I definitely fall in the "joyful noise" category.

To make this card, I started with blue card stock and sponged Distress Ink Black Soot around the edges.  I placed my lamp die cut from Rubbernecker on the card to pinpoint where I wanted my light to glow.  I used Distress Oxide Squeezed Lemonade and Orange Marmalade to make it glow.  I love that Distress Oxide shows up on dark card stock.  After a few hours, the yellow/orange actually turned rather white but I still loved the effect.  


I hand cut a snow bank to anchor the lamp die cut and added some details with a wreath from Christmas Door Greenery dies and Silent Night and Holy Night stamps from Delightful Decorations by Divinity Designs to finish the card.



1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving a message!