Wednesday, March 18, 2020

It's Spring

How much crafting are doing while quarantined at home?  I'm so thankful I have a hobby that I absolutely love and can do from the comfort of home... and I just happened to be fully stocked.  

I made this card when the weather got deceptively warmer - the nights this week will drop below freezing.  But spring is coming and that means warmer weather and more sun - despite the rain.  I don't think we will make it to DC to see the cherry blossoms but I can make them in my craft room.


The word dies are from the 4 Seasons set and It's a Party set.  I cut it out in light pink card stock and then sponged the bottom a darker pink and the top a light green using Distress Oxides.  I also used brown cardstock to add a shadow to the words - the same brown that is the tree branch above.

The background is the Lace Card die and flowers are the Cherry Blossom die set.  I sponged the edges of the flowers pink and drew in the stamens.  Popping some flowers over the others enabled me to cluster them up some and give the card just a bit of dimension.


Thanks for looking and praying for you to stay safe and healthy.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a message!