Tuesday, January 21, 2014

ODBDSLC187 Inspiration Challenge

I've always admired shabby chic style cards; I've just never been able to pull one off.  This week's Shining the Light Challenge #187 Inspiration Photo at Our Daily Bread Designs just says "shabby chic" to me and this was the closest I could get to that style.  I really wanted a nice framing of just an incredible verse so I added layers to highlight the verse.  The blue vellum was inspired by the clear blue jar and my little lace border is homage to the lace inside those cabinets.  I wanted a lacy border so I used the ODBD Fancy Ornaments Dies to make my own.  I took the ornament with the pointed bottom and trimmed four of them so that they could lay next to each other to make a lacy border.  









Recipe:
Dies:  ODBD Fancy Foliage, ODBD Fancy Ornaments, Spellbinders Decorative Labels Eight
Paper:  Recollection, Blue Vellum
Accessories: Ribbon, Twine, Wild Orchid Crafts Sweetheart Blossoms and Roses


For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my challenge team sisters:

To see all the creations in one place or join the challenge, click here.  You have until Sunday, January 19th  to join us.   For this challenge you may use any stamps but it you have any Our Daily Bread Designs stamps we would love to see you use them. If you participate, you have a  chance to win the $15 certificate toward ODBD stamps or to be Spotlighted for the Shining the Light Award (The Shining the Light Award is only for those who use ODBD stamps). We would love to see your creations.


Challenge I am playing in:

8 comments:

  1. Wowzer Diana!! This is beyond stunning!! I just love the soft blue background, your genius use of the bottom of the ornaments for a border, your layered design of the dies for your sentiment and your gorgeous details!! Beautiful!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful and elegant card Diana! Love the intricate die cuts and what a great idea to make your own border from a non border die! Love the flowers and ribbon too and the colours are gorgeous! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh Diana this is so gorgeous!!!! I love your soft blues and how you colored inside the die... your ribbon is over the top gorgeous (I'm drooling!!!) and the flowers are sooo pretty!!! This is one incredible design my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diana, this is probably my favorite card so far…and that's saying a lot because I love them! I love the beautiful blue and and how you've so wonderfully placed all the flowers and foliage. And so clever to use the bottom of the Fancy Ornaments! Absolutely stunning, sweet friend, and it's a PERFECTION inspiration card for this week! Warm hugs, precious friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! Love your layers and soft colors! The flower swag is so delicate and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, Diana! Love the elegant framing of your verse and the creative way you made your lacy border. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You rocked this challenge Diana! Beautiful framing, flowers, ribbon and your lacy border is quite creative! Love it, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fresh beauty!! Gorgeous colors with these wonderful flowers and inspirational verse!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!