Monday, February 24, 2014

Inspired by Zenspiration

Been busy this weekend...so third post of the day.

I never really got into doodling but I really enjoy lettering.  Now I'm trying to combine both after discovering Joanne Fink's Zenspirations.  I'm so OCD that I tend towards more formal lettering so this has been really good for me to let it go (a little bit anyway!)  My first attempt at doodling was to imitate the stamped star with some smaller ones and then I handwrote the sentiment.  Very stiff and not free and fun.  

Diana Nguyen, calligraphy

Recipe:
Stamps:  Rubber Stampede Swirl in Star
Accesories:  Calligraphy pen, ribbon

This second card features the patterned monograms inspired by Zenspiration.  I'm weird about monograms... I don't want to send someone a card with my initials (why would they like a card with mine unless they were the same?) but it makes sense to give someone a set of card with their initials.  By that logic, they couldn't use those cards.  "Deep" thoughts!  So I made this card to send to someone.  This was my first attempt at patterning... I think I'll be doing more of them.  It was quite fun and more forgiving than traditional calligraphy.  


Diana Nguyen, calligraphy, zenspiration, monogram

Recipe:
Stamps:  None
Dies: Spellbinders Standard Circles
Accesories:  Fiskar and eksuccess flower punch, Martha Steward frond punch, Black satin ribbon

This last is just a picture of my first attempt combining colors, patterns, and a verse. The spacing bothers me a bit and the shape of the cross is a bit off... see why I can't doodle? I love the Pigma pens but here I used the Staedtler Triplus Fineliner pens because they come in lots of beautiful colors.


Diana Nguyen, Scripture, Zenspiration


Challenges I am playing in:

Thanks so much for looking!





2 comments:

  1. Your handwriting is beautiful. Love these simple cards plus ribbon! Thanks for playing along in RRR Challenge #89 One for the Boys Plus Ribbon or Trim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely and love love those colors...thanksf or playing with us at rrr

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!