Friday, February 21, 2014

Lovely Day

One of my favorite challenges to play over at Splitcoaststampers.com is their annual LOVE FEST challenge. It's 10 days of 10 different challenges and it always get my stamping groove back on.  This year the fourth challenge was to share our crafting space, what has worked and what has not for us.  Why was this challenge so great?  I had to take a picture of my craft space which meant I had to clean it!  Oh, my, and I really needed to.  So I started at the fourth challenge and have been jumping around - and keeping my desk clean in between.  I have a corner of our basement as my craft space.  The basement was unfinished so I was able to have my husband put in a little nook with shelves and rods for my punches, ribbons, and some stamps.  The rest is a hodge podge of stuff I collected over the years.  The cabinet above my Expedit shelf is from Habitat Restore and holds my past craft addictions.  The CD holders hold my unmounted stamps (please feel free to send any unwanted CD cases - the quarter inch thick one; not the jewel cases) my way.  :)  One of these days I will splurge and get some stuff from Stamp-n-Storage - a crafter-with-OCD's dream! But I am very thankful right now for my little space.



So I am super proud of this little find below. I love the dark cherry wood color and this stamp pad holder is actually a VCR tape holder turned sideways! I found it at a garage sale for $3! All the SU stamps were given to me from a friend who stopped stamping. I used Avery 5267 labels on the side and store all my pads upside down (these are all the older version of SU pads). The Ikea glass vase next to them hold my watercolor pencils and burshes (the toothbrush is for splattering, not for brushing teeth even though I can stay up very late in my craft room.)  



Wow - this is a long post. I'll get to my card now.  The Cat's Pajamas's challenge was to use the following inspiration photo for a card.  I would love to have some of those cute bird houses in our garden.


And here's my card based on the photo and MojoMonday's sketch.  


Diana Nguyen, The Craft's Meow

Recipe:
Stamps:  The Craft's Meow Lovely Birds
Paper:  Colorbok Pastel Breeze
Ink:  Versafine Black
Accessories: Washi tape and water color pencils

Challenges I am playing in:

Thank you so much for looking!


2 comments:

  1. Diana,
    I enjoyed your post and the picture of your craft room. One of my boys moved back home so my craft/computer room is the foyer ( quite a large room) That is an adventure but I decided crafting is more important than someone seeing it in the middle of a project. Also most of my things are repurposed. Last week it occurred to me that the stamp pads would do better upside down.
    Your creation is light, sweet and has so much depth. The little hope of Spring is born. This is just so very beautiful, thank you for sharing your sweet creation with us at Word Art Wednesday this week.
    Blessings, Carole DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Diana...you never cease to amaze me with your lovely art. Thanks for sharing your craft room - it's always nice to see where others do their creative work. I'm so grateful to have you share with us.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!