Monday, April 7, 2014

Out of this World Happy Birthday

I went to Michaels' to pick up something for the kids to do and got a set of Metallic watercolor pencils for myself... heehee.  Of course I had to try them out immediately.  I never thought of using my dies as stencils (love it that they have another use!)- I don't have any of the modeling paste so I just used the circle dies to trace circles with the pencils.  It didn't show up as well as I wanted on the black so I ended up tracing the circles over with my Gelly Roll metallic pens.  But I ended up smearing one of the circles when I lifted the die... but it was a neat effect so I started smearing on purpose.  Then my circles looked like planets so I added dots to look like stars.  I embossed the sentiment in white on vellum and added a tiny rhinestone above the i.  

Diana Nguyen, birthday card, Our Daily Bread Designs

Recipe:
Ink:  Versamark
Paper:  Recollection Black and vellum
Accessories:  Sakura Gelly Roll Metallics, Derwent metallic watercolor pencils, SB Standard Circles Dies


Challenges I am playing in: