Friday, May 2, 2014

Still on my butterfly obssession

I've recently discovered Jennifer McGuire's blog - I've seen her name before (so many wonderful crafters out there but so little time!) but this past couple of weeks I've been going through her archives and tutorials.  I just love her style!  I do have one problem though - she makes me want to go out and get whatever supplies she's using!  I've seen a couple of posts about her craft room and I just have to stop or my DH would cut me off the internet.  Be still, my OCD heart!

Diana Nguyen, Hero Arts, butterfly, watercolor, CAS, card

I've been on a watercolor kick (and butterfly) lately so I was inspired to use it to make a backdrop for my butterfly I had sponged and traced with the stardust pen.  Honestly, the most difficult part was trying to get the gold twine to look "natural!"

Recipe:
Stamps:  Hero Arts Antique Butterflies and Flowers
Inks:  SU Glorious Green, Memento Bahama Blue, and SU Lovely Lilac
Accessories:  Watercolors, gold twine, corner punch, pearls, Stylized Flowers embossing folder, and Sakura Star Dust pen

Challenges I am playing in: