Thursday, July 24, 2014

CCNS42: Butterfly tag

Hi, everyone!  For this week's Button and Bows challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such, I made a little tag for my card.  I just love butterflies and I made this one out of vellum for a nice airy look.  For my tag, I dabbed Tim Holtz Peacock Feathers distress ink and dabs of Antique Bronze and Brushed Pewter Distressed Stain on my craft sheet, spritzed it with water and then swirled my tag over the mixed inks (video tutorial here).  I even stained my gray ribbon and thread with the brushed pewter for some added shimmer.  

Diana Nguyen, butterfly, tag, cards, memory box, tim holtz

 I popped up the tag and adhered the button and bow with  Scor-tape over my embossed background.  For a final touch of shimmer, I used my new Wink of Stella Glitter Pen over the top layer of my butterfly.  I just love how easy and quick it is to use the glitter pen.

Diana Nguyen, butterfly, tag, cards, memory box, tim holtz



Recipe:
Dies: Memory Box Vivienne and Darla butterfly dies
Accessories:  Modern Wallpaper Embossing folder, gray satin ribbon, thread, button, Wink of Stella Glitter Pen

I hope you get a chance to play along.  Thank you so much for looking!

Challenges I am playing in:


1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous card DianaII I just love your colors against the textured white, the vellum butterfly and the background you created behind it!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!