Tuesday, July 29, 2014

CCNS43: Gingham thank U.


Today I am using one of my favorite color combinations:  red and kraft.  I tucked a die cut from ODBD Beautiful Borders before I laid the gingham on top with Scor-tape.  I stamped the "u" in Creamy Caramel and then again in Close to Cocoa and the third time in Creamy Caramel - I was trying for a solid "u" but loved this effect because it looks just like cork to me.  Happy surprises.  :)  To get the thank u perfectly centered, I used Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A to cut it just right - this is so much easier than trying to center your stamp or trimming it with a paper cutter.  I matted the sentiment and then popped it all up.  Another trick I used on this card is to cut tiny strips of the red cardstock to thread through my buttons for a perfect match.  Lastly, I used my Bow Easy to create my little gingham bow.

Diana Nguyen, Verve, thank you

I continued the sentiment and design into the center of the card:

Diana Nguyen, Verve, thank you

Thank you so much for looking!

Recipe:
Stamps:  Verve You and I
Accessories:  Bow Easy, Gingham ribbon, buttons


Challenges I am playing in:


1 comment:

  1. LOVE how you flipped the sketch to use that fabulous "U" :) Great card. Thanks for joining us for our "Inside Out" Diva Dare.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!