Tuesday, July 29, 2014

ODBDSLC210 Birthday Card

Hi!  For the second week of ODBD Shining the Light challenging to do sponging, I'm going out of my comfort zone.  I've attempted shabby chic before but I think I finally got it this time.  Having the perfect paper helps.  ;)  Here I used ODBD Blushing Rose Paper collection along with some pennant dies.  The center panels are from the paper set so there was actually no stamping on this.  The banners were made by layering the pennant dies.  For added contrast, I sponged the bottom scalloped banners as well as the background layer. Hope you can play along with this week's challenge to do sponging or stenciling! 

Our Daily bread designs, pennant row, birthday card, blushing rose paper

Recipe:
Accessories: Mulberry Roses and Want2Scrap pearl flourishes

For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my talented challenge team sisters:

To see all the creations in one place or join the challenge, click here.  You have until August 3, 2014 at 8:00pm EDT to join us. By participating in the challenge, you have a chance to be placed in a monthly drawing to win a $15 ODBD Gift Certificate good towards the purchase of stamps in the “stamps column” on the ODBD website, or to be spotlighted on the ODBD Blog at our next challenge. The random prize winner will be posted on the first challenge of each month.We would love to see your creations.




7 comments:

  1. Oh, Diana, you would never know you are out of your comfort zone in looking at this beautiful card!! It's stunning with the beautiful papers, dies, pearls, and flowers! Your sponging is beautiful, and I love how you've arranged it all so beautifully! I surely couldn't have done this - it's gorgeous!! Someone very special is really going to LOVE this card!! Hugs, sweet friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness Diana! I LOVE your papers and your double swag!! Love your center with the roses around it and your pearls too!!! Your card is amazing!!! I'm going to have to get my papers out and play...you've made me want to go create something RIGHT NOW!!
    Love it my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so pretty!! Love how you've used the pennants!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous Diana! Beautiful textures, design and bling! It has that real WOW factor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is gorgeous Diana!! I just love the banners, your use of dp and all the texture and bling!! Your use of sponging and colors is beautiful!! Beautiful double swag!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love this - the way the banner appears to twine around the card is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a stunning and elegant card Diana! You are so talented! Love how you've used the pearls and flowers with the banners and DP. So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!