Monday, July 21, 2014

You make the world go round

 Happy Monday morning!  I feel like I've been neglecting my craft room dreadfully this summer so I was pleased when this card came together very easily.  I picked up this stamp and die set from Echo Park at the Scrapbook Expo... so cute!  With the color combination from the Cutting Edge Challenge and the sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch, the card practically made itself.  I die cut the hot air balloon in black and cherry cobbler cardstock.  Using only the balloon and flag portion of the cherry cobbler cardstock, I paper pieced my balloon and popped that up in front of a  couple of clouds from the same set.  A heart cut from the same kraft paper completed the card front.


I wanted to keep the front simple so I added the sentiment to the inside. Instead of trying to piece the chevron arrows just right, I die cut the chevron arrows on white cardstock and used the negative with black cardstock lined underneath.  I added another heart to the corner of the sentiment.

Recipe:
Stamps:  We are Family Echo Park Stamp and Die Set
Paper:  Kraft, black, and cherry cobbler
Ink:  Versafine onyx black
Accessories:  rounded corner punch



 Challenges I am playing in:

Thank you so much for looking!


5 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so fun & fabulous! Super sweet take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bold and really FUN Diana! Thank you for playing along with us at the Cutting Edge Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple and gorgeous!! Thank you for playing along with us at The Cutting Edge Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diana, this is so precious! I adore the clean and simple design!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Cutting Edge Challenge - we're so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!