Wednesday, August 20, 2014

CCNS46: No place like home

This week's challenge at Classy Card 'n Such is "Home is Where the Heart Is."  I just got back from a short vacation recently and truly, there is no place like home... It's our little space in the world where we can relax and just rest...and I really am a homebody.  So for this challenge, I used a little birdhouse die cut from  SB Precious Metals Craft Foil against a woodland scene created using  Memory Box Garden Birch Trees stencil.  At first, I tried sponging some blue clouds and green hills with the stencil but after lifted the stencil, it just wasn't what I pictured.  The  Dreamweaver's white embossing paste does a much better job showing the intricate branches and bark of the trees.  Here's a little crafting confession:  I am LAZY - once I sit down to do something, I hate to get up to get a supply that is not in my immediate vicinity.  I ran out of baby wipes and instead of running upstairs to get some more to clean off the ink from my stencil, I went ahead and used my embossing paste with the inked up stencil.  There wasn't much ink and I was careful not to pull the blue too far down and the green up but I LOVE the result.  There's just enough color to add depth and interest to the scene which I trimmed down using Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics.  (But please don't tell my kids that laziness pays off!)  I added a tiny heart punch out of red cardstock and also added a strip of red to the side of my card.  I also added glossy accent to the heart which made it really hard to photograph properly but looks very nice in real life.  Thank you so much for looking and hope you can play along to win this week's prize!


Die-namites Fancy Birdhouses, Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics, Diana Nguyen, SB Precious Metals Craft Foil, Dreamweaver's white embossing paste, Memory Box Garden Birch Tree stencil

Recipe:  
Dies: Die-namites Fancy Birdhouses, Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a message!