Monday, August 25, 2014

CCNS47: Summer Afternoon

This summer has been incredibly mild for Virginia.  I've really enjoyed just sitting outside and with the random drops in temperature, the mosquitoes are not eating me alive like they usually are.  I'd love to have a porch swing like this is the backyard one day - wouldn't it just be sweet to sit there and chat with a friend?

This card actually started with the sunflower charm.  Our inspiration picture from Classy Cards 'n Such this week  had some sunflowers in it and I had just cleaned my craft room and found this little charm in the wrong place (but right time!)


Instead of a white chair, I found this image in my collection of stamps and colored in the bench with different shades of brown Copic markers. I trimmed using the image using Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics and then sponged the embossed rectangle for more definition around the edges. For my background, I used the Darice Stripe Background Embossing Folder.  The nice thing about this embossing folder is that it is 5x7 so instead of driving myself crazy lining up my paper, I stuck my white cardstock in diagonally.  I then embossed my sentiment in black detail embossing powder and used small Joy! foam pads to pop up all my layers.  For a final touch, I swept across the blue skies and my little blue pot with my Wink of Stella Glitter Pen.  

Hope you find time to enjoy the little things too!


SU Summer Afternoon, Darise embossing folder, Diana Nguyen

Recipe:
Stamps:  Verve Let It Be
Dies:  Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A and Standard Ovals




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a message!