Friday, August 22, 2014

Ombre

I'm so thankful to be able to play along in some challenges again!  It really does get the mojo going.  The challenge at A Blog Name Hero is to incorporate ombre into a card.  I thought a nice sky using the sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch this week would work well.  But then I decided that a die cut featuring some Tim Holtz Peacock Feathers and Squeezed Lemonade would make a nice contrast... it didn't look as I quite imagined until I added another die cut as a white shadow.  So two layers of ombre in differing directions with a bright butterfly (ombre too!) made a nice centered layer I thought.


Diana Nguyen, Memory Box Fresh Foliage, Hero Arts, Ombre

After I had die-cut my leaves out, I thought the negative was too pretty to toss so I made another card using it:


Diana Nguyen, Memory Box Fresh Foliage, Hero Arts, Ombre


Recipe:
Stamps:  Hero Arts Antique Butterflies and SU! Perfectly Penned
Inks:  Tim Holtz Tumbled Grass, Peacock Feathers, and Squeezed Lemonade






Thanks for looking!