Tuesday, August 19, 2014

ODBDSLC212 - Week 1

 I hope you've had a chance to check out ODBD's August Release - I am loving the beach elements!  Growing up in landlocked Arkansas, we never went to the beach.  But now - it's one of my favorite places to go... and it's close enough that we can just go for the weekend.  Here's a picture of my dog's first time on the beach.  He was not fond of the waves at all - nor the sand - but I think he enjoyed the breeze and the view.  




But on to the card...
I love it when I am able to combine several sets into one card.  For the front of my card, I used the new image from Anchor the Soul.  I sponged the sand and the sky and used Copics to color in the details.  The white gel pen was also handy for little seagull.  For my seashells, I did some radial scoring on the corner of my paper and cut out a seashell shape.  I sponged it to bring out the grooves and then used my stylus to give the shells some curves.


Our Daily Bread Designs, Anchor Set, Anchor the Soul, Ocean Treasures, Designed by Diana Nguyen

I continued with the sponging on the inside of the card.  I like to put my sentiment somewhere other than the middle so that when I write in the inside of the card, my writing is not broken up.


Our Daily Bread Designs, Anchor Set, Anchor the Soul, Ocean Treasures, Designed by Diana Nguyen

Recipe
Dies:  SB A2 Matting Basics A
Accessories:  Scoreboard, twine, Copics


For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my talented challenge team sisters:

To see all the creations in one place or join the challenge, click here.  You have until August 31, 2014 at 8:00pm EDT to join us. By participating in the challenge, you have a chance to be placed in a monthly drawing to win a $15 ODBD Gift Certificate good towards the purchase of stamps in the “stamps column” on the ODBD website, or to be spotlighted on the ODBD Blog at our next challenge. The random prize winner will be posted on the first challenge of each month.We would love to see your creations.



8 comments:

  1. Oh, Diana, I just love your little dog on the beach! I'm sure he really loved it! I've lived near the shore/beach all but one brief year, and I love it! So glad you are enjoying it! And your card is beautiful for this week (as always!). I love the crispness of it with the wonderful fishtail banners, and your image is beautifully colored! The shells add a nice touch, and the inside is wonderful with the sand dollars and wonderful Scripture verse! Another gorgeous card, sweet friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw!! What a sweet photo of your dog!!! He looks so cute and happy!! I would love to live next to the beach but we are about 3 hours away now and this summer has not given me the opportunity to go for the weekend. All in time....

    Your card is gorgeous inside and out!! I just love your beautiful coloring of the sea and the added shells!! The inside with the shells and scripture is the perfect touch!! GORGEOUS my friend!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Diana, this is stunning. Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the picture of your sweet dog on the beach!! So adorable!
    I love your card! Those anchor and ocean sets are my absolute favorites! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, such a pretty beach card!! Love how you decorated the inside too, really makes it special!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww... you have such a cute little dog! :-) Your card is beautiful. I love how you did the sponging and the inside is just gorgeous - what a great idea to put your sentiment to one side :-) So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diane, your little dog is adorable!!! And your card is so pretty, Beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute doggie! Looks like he's enjoying the beach! Fabulous card Diana! Love your coloring and esp your creative shells! Beautiful inside and out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!