Monday, September 1, 2014

CCNS48: Fall Wreath


I love fall! Sweaters, school starting, and of course the beautiful foliage... One of my favorite things to do on cards is to make wreath.  When I saw the Impression Obsession Little Small Leaf Set, I knew I would make a wreath with it.  I first used all the colors from this week's Classy Cards 'n Such inspiration photo on my watercolor paper. 


 Then I swiped some Tim Holtz Antique Bronze Distressed Stain over my dried paper to give the leaves a little extra shimmer.  This is a great way to make your own designer paper when you want a particular set of colors.  I used my Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A to cut out my bottom layer and the small leaf dies for my wreath.  I used about 6 sets to make my wreath.  I made a circle template with some circle punches and then glued my leaves on a sheet I had embossed with a brick embossing folder.  I added a sentiment from ODBD Ornate Frame Sentiments  with copper embossing powder on vellum.  To make the sentiment pop a little more, I added a layer behind the vellum from some scraps and adhered it all by sewing along the edge of the banner. 

Impression Obsession Little Leaves, Our Daily Bread Designs Ornate Frame Sentiments, brick embossing folder, watercolor, vellum, Diana Nguyen

Thank you for looking and hope you get a chance to play along!

Recipe:
Inks:  watercolors and  Tim Holtz Antique Bronze Distressed Stain
Accessories:  copper embossing powder 

Challenges I am Playing in:





3 comments:

  1. Wow - I adore this - I can almost smell the leaves!!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Autumn wreath is gorgeous, Diana. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us. I'm always SO delighted by your amazing art.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. That wreath looks like a labour of love but so worth it! Love the texture and rich autumn colours :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!