Wednesday, September 17, 2014

CCNS50: Peace on Earth

Hi, again!  We moved a couple of years ago and I can't decide if I am pleased or annoyed by the sight of deers in the area behind our house.  They are lovely and magnificent creatures but they ate ALL of my tulips, most of the new growth on my new dogwood, my tomatoes, pansies...and they carry lyme disease bearing ticks... which pretty much puts them in the category of "Go away please."  Can you spot the 5 deers in the picture below?




But on to my card...
This was a lot of fun to make.  For my background, I mixed a little bit of Tim Holtz Broken China with my Dreamweaver's white embossing paste.  I started at the top of my Memory Box Garden Birch Trees stencil and spreaded the paste downward.  When I ran out of the colored paste, I used the unmixed white and started from the bottom and moved upwards.  Where they met, I just mixed them on the stencil.  You can't really see it but underneath the vellum, it is mostly white to mimic snow.  After the paste was dried, I trimmed down my background using Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A.  I cut two sheets of vellum with a wavy top and wrapped that around my birch background.  I used stickles to edge the top of the vellum and embossed in silver detail my sentiment.  I then die-cut 8 Leaping Deers by Memory Box. Each deer is stacked 4 high; to make the doe, I cut off the antlers. Thanks so much for looking!



Memory Box, Diana Nguyen, Our Daily Bread Designs, stencil, leaping deer, christmas card

Recipe:





1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving a message!